"We Will Rock You" Term 2 2018
2018 is the 10 year anniversary of Kiddyrock and we will be celebrating ALL YEAR LONG. Our programs will be dedicated to what we love best - ROCK N ROLL! We will be exploring the catalogues of some of the most legendary and iconic artists/musical pioneers of the last 60 years.
TERM 1 … THE BEATLES - ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE
TERM 2 … QUEEN - WE WILL ROCK YOU
TERM 3 … ELVIS - ALL SHOOK UP
TERM 4 … TREX - CHILDREN OF THE REVOLUTION
Join us to celebrate this huge milestone!
Full Term Pass $200 1 x Term - 10 Weekly Classes * Half Price for siblings
5 Session Pass $150 1 x Term - 5 Weekly Classes * Half Price for siblings
Half Price Trial $10 First Session
Check out all the fun we had in Term 1 "All You Need is Love":
WHO ARE WE?
Kiddyrock is a collective of qualified and experienced musicians, artists and educators committed to developing the most fun, cool and creative programs and events for young children and their grown ups! Established in 2008, Kiddyrock has grown steadily over the past decade into a mutli-faceted children's education and entertainment hub. We work with hundreds of families and their communities via mobile workshops and weekly classes across Melbourne and Regional Victoria both independently and within kindergarten / childcare centres.
WHAT HAPPENS IN OUR CLASSES?
Kiddyrock Music & Play is the place to Kick Out The Jams! We want children to be themselves, make friends and have fun.
In our classes there will be:
- Drumming Workshops
- Instrument Playing
- Art Play Activities
The music in our programs is sung live with an acoustic instrument and accompanied by a qualified musician. We also use original recorded music so our instructors can lead children in movement and dancing exercises and Key Word Sign. Children are invited and encouraged to play along on the musical equipment provided - drums, percussion instruments and ukuleles as well as sensory and play based props. Our tools and resources enable children to work independently or collaborate with their peers.
Parents and Carers will feel supported and entertained by the content in our programs, the way their child engages with music, instruments, other children and our instructors.
We aim to increase children's sense of belonging by encouraging playfulness, self expression, spontaneity and awareness of others.
WHAT ARE OUR AGE GROUPS?
Our classes are especially designed to cater for the educational and creative needs of babies through to kindergarten. Our practice is guided by the Early Years Learning Framework and our staff are experienced early childhood educators as well as musicians.
- Baby Beats (0 - 18Months)
- Under 3's
- Over 3's
- Mixed Ages (0 - Over 3's)
- Do parents stay in classes? Yes, we love the parents to be involved as well. Children will follow their parents lead and are more likely to have fun if their parents are participating too. We do ask though that parents keep chatting amongst themselves to a minimum while class is on.
- Can siblings be in the same class? Absolutely, we have lots of siblings that come to the same class. Kiddyrock is a super fun activity they can do together. Children will participate at their at their own level and that is totally fine and part of the kiddyrock experience.
- I have a newborn baby can I bring them In? Yes please! We love babies and before you know it their little legs and arms will be moving to the music too.
- Are grandparents/friends etc allowed to come? Of course, we love visitors at kiddyrock but again it is great if they participate to make it a fun session for everyone.
- Are classes held on public holidays? No, we never run classes on public holidays.
- Do classes run all year round? No, classes run the same as school terms. Each term there is a different theme. We do run family jams and other events through the year. So make sure you follow us on Facebook, Instagram and join our private Kiddyrock families Facebook group for all info.
- Can I do makeup classes? Yes, just notify us via info@kiddyrock if you would like to come to a makeup class.
- What should I do if my child is shy? This is totally fine. Children sometimes take a couple of weeks to get used to a new activity, just stay positive, participate in the class yourself and when you child is ready they will be into it more. Just remember they are taking it all in and learning about the fun of music even if they appear shy.
- What should I do if my child is unhappy? We all have our bad days! All Kiddyrock instructors have years of experience working with children and have seen many mood swings! The kiddyrock crew will often distract your child with a new activity which will often work. If your child is still unhappy you are welcome to step out of the room for a few moments, have a cuddle and chat and bring them back in when you are ready